What are the trends for 2019 when it comes to Road trips in US
US Road Trip Trends In 2019
When it comes to road trips, USA is one of my favorites.
The reason for that is the changing nature, the sceneries and because USA is soooo BIG! 🙂
1. Route 66 – US Road Trip Trends In 2019.
Route 66 is the MUST try Classic American Road Trip. The Route 66 start at Lake Michigan and taking you all the way to LA. During the ride, you will cross six states, plenty of small towns, farmland, forests, canyons, plains, and deserts. This road has its own life and has got many names, like “The heart and Soul of America” and “The Mother Road”.
This legendary road was built back in 1920sand covers 2,400 miles between Santa Monica, Los Angeles to Chicago. The Road was decommissioned in 1984 but was designated as Historic Route 66. Even today it is possible to follow much of the classic original road from the 1920s.
It is up to you how to plan the route and how much time you will spend on Route 66. We recommend to stay 3-4 weeks on the Road, so you have plenty of time to explore all the great stuff on the road.
What can be seen on Route 66?
– The largest rocking chair in the world, located in Fanning, Missouri
– The cool car display at Texas Cadillac Ranch
– There is America’s oldest church, St. Joseph’s
– Wigwam Village, Arizona. Stay a night in Native American-style huts. Each of the wigwams features a full bathroom, heat and aircon and cable TV.
– Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff, Arizona – Pluto was first observed from this observatory.
Some friends of mine went to the USA, rented motorbikes and spend the summer on Route 66.
Also, several movies have been shot at and around Route 66.
2. Pacific Coast Highway, California – US Road Trip Trends In 2019.
You can do this Road trip in about three to 7 days, crossing the Alcatraz and Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. After a visit to San Francisco, you might hike a few hours in Big Sur National Park. Finish the day with wine tasting in Solvang and stay a few days. Solvang is also called California’s “Little Denmark.”
The Pacific Highway, California’s Route 1 (656 miles)
What can be seen on Pacific Coast Highway?
– Santa Barbara, experience the beach packed with bellowing sea elephants.
– Morro Bay and Pacifica, scenic seaside walks.
– Limekiln State Park, hike among the redwoods.
– Solvang, step into the world of Little Denmark.
3. The lonely road – US Road Trip Trends In 2019.
The US Route 50, starting in Ocean City, Maryland, and ending in Sacramento, California. Also called “The lonely road” and crosses 12 states and four State Capitals. But dont think you just go from State Capital to State Capital. On this Road trip, you will drive on dirty highways, through big mountains, dusty roads for miles.
After visiting some breathtaking views you might take a stop in Reno. Reno also called “The Biggest Little City in the World” and you must visit the National Automobile Museum. The Museum has some rare and exotic cars, which previously owner counts John F. Kennedy, Frank Sinatra, James Dean, and Elvis Presley.
The scenery between Nevada Beach and the Basin National Park might be one of the most beautiful in the US. So please do not forget your camera.
What can be seen on The lonely road?
– Reno, the “The Biggest Little City in the World”
– National Bowling Stadium in Reno
– National Automobile Museum
– Ely’s Northern Nevada Rail Museum
– Great Basin National Park
- Carbohydrates, Sugar and fats
- Drinks and Cocktails
- Essential Oils
- Food and Drinks
- Food and Recipes
- Hair care
- Health and Fitness
- Herbs / Spices
- People issues
- Sex and relation
- Skin care
- Supporting African Women
- Top 5 articles
- Travel stories
- Weight loss and Diets
- August 2022
- June 2022
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017